CBD is one of the most useful derivatives of the Cannabis sativa plant. Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol, CBD is completely non-psychoactive and does not interfere with the cognitive ability of the brain. CBD is widely used to treat the symptoms of mental health issues, a weak immune system, and inflammatory reactions.
CBD oil for animals
The endocannabinoid system spiraling the bodies of the mammals was discovered in the 1990s. Cannabinoid receptors are spread throughout the body, including our skin, heart, immune cells, liver, pancreas, and skeletal muscles.
Our pets also have the endocannabinoid system; CBD is equally beneficial for them as well. CBD can help in relieving pain and acts as an exceptional anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer agent for cat or a dog. It also promotes homeostasis and relieves stress. CBD can help your pet in the following ways.
- CBD is a dominant painkiller, and it helps manage chronic pain caused by severe health issues or injuries.
- Research has proven that CBD is an anticonvulsant and helps in reducing seizures, tremors, and spasms.
- As an anti-inflammatory agent, CBD can help reduce the symptoms of inflammatory reactions caused by a defect in the immune system.
- We know that our pets also suffer from mental health problems such as anxiety, stress, and phobias. CBD can calm down and relax your pets.
- CBD is a tremendous antiemetic, and it can stimulate appetite while controlling nausea and vomiting.
- Animals are often infected by pathogenic bacteria, including salmonella, campylobacter, streptococcus, and Bordetella. The antimicrobial properties of CBD can help in reducing the symptoms caused by infections.
- CBD can also slow down the growth of tumor cells in animals. If your pet is continuously facing fatigue, lethargy, loss of appetite, and vomiting, there are chances of tumor development. An appropriate dose of CBD oil can reduce the symptoms and the growth of tumor cells.
- It not necessary to use CBD as a medicine to treat a particular disease; instead, it can be used for the overall wellbeing of the pet
CBD dose for Animals
CBD is entirely safe to be used on pets. It promotes the overall wellbeing of the animals as they cannot talk about their discomforts. Just like in humans, there is no particular dose of CBD. It depends on the health condition and requirement of the pet. It also depends on the CBD dose available per serving. Start with the minimum dose and increase if there are no visible changes in your pet’s health condition.